“Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.” ―Franz Kafka, 20th century Jewish Writer

Friday, July 3, 2015

The Journey Begins!

I am traveling "light" this month!
Today, after much anticipation and little sleep, I boarded the first of seven airplanes that I will fly on this month as I travel around Europe. Currently, I am at 38,005 feet above sea level (I guess you can get Wi-Fi anywhere now) and on my way to L.A. for the first leg of my journey.

You may wonder, why am I flying to L.A. when I wrote that I am headed to Europe? Well, my program, the Helix Project, begins in L.A. this Sunday morning. Once we are all together in L.A., we will travel to Ojai, CA for a few days of group bonding and an intensive crash course in the history, languages, and culture of Eastern Europe.

I am excited that my trip has finally begun and eager to meet all of the other "Helixers" on Sunday. Right now, I imagine that this trip will be unlike any other program that I have participated in before because of the unique location and the strong emphasis on art, culture, history, and Yiddish culture.





2 comments: